| Spoiler warning!|
This article contains plot details about an upcoming episode.
|The Following -- Season 3|
|#01 "New Blood"||#09 "N/A"|
|#02 "Boxed In"||#10 "N/A"|
|#03 "Exposed"||#11 "N/A"|
|#04 "Home"||#12 "N/A"|
|#05 "A Hostile Witness"||#13 "N/A"|
|#06 "Reunion"||#14 "N/A"|
|#07 "The Hunt"||#15 "N/A"|
|#08 "Flesh & Blood"|
Season 3 of The Following premiered on March 2, 2015 in the United States on FOX. It will also premiere in the United Kingdom on March 7, 2015 on Sky Atlantic.
- Kevin Bacon as Ryan Hardy (5 episodes)
- Shawn Ashmore as Mike Weston (5 episodes)
- Sam Underwood as Mark Gray (5 episodes)
- Jessica Stroup as Max Hardy (5 episodes)
- Zuleikha Robinson as Gwen (5 episodes)
- Gregg Henry as Arthur Strauss (3 episodes)
- James Purefoy as Joe Carroll (1 episodes)
- Valerie Cruz as Gina Mendez (5 episodes)
- Ruth Kearney as Daisy Locke (5 episodes)
- Hunter Parrish as Kyle Locke (5 episodes)
|301||New Blood||March 2, 2015||Alexi Hawley & Brett Mahoney||Marcos Siega|
|With Joe Carroll awaiting execution on death row and all signs of his following erased, Ryan Hardy has moved on from the dark events of his past. But his newfound happiness is shattered when a series of brutally staged tableaus threatens to tear open old wounds. Ryan and his team are forced to unravel a twisted web of violence before it destroys them all – leading them to face a terrifying truth: Joe Carroll was just the beginning.|
|302||Boxed In||March 9, 2015|
|Ryan believes he has found the connection between Andrew and Mark, but he and the FBI are still unsure if – and how – Joe Carroll might be connected. Meanwhile, tension between Mark, Kyle and Daisy mounts and Ryan soon finds himself in a dangerous situation, in which facing the truth is the only thing that will set him free.|
|303||Exposed||March 16, 2015|
|After a devastating loss, Ryan, Weston and Max aim to hunt down who is responsible and make them pay, leading Ryan to take a risk with deadly consequences. Meanwhile, Mark questions the loyalty of Kyle and Daisy, causing tensions to rise amongst the group.|
|304||Home||March 23, 2015|
|305||A Hostile Witness||March 23, 2015|
|As Mark, Kyle and Daisy plan to make a personal attack on Ryan, the FBI receives a tip leading them to a secret location, which gives them a leg up in the case. Then, on the day of an important trial, things go awry, causing the FBI to split up to hunt down a missing person. With his team breaking apart, Ryan enlists the help of a former enemy to defeat a greater one.|
|306||Reunion||March 30, 2015|
|With their latest target on the run, Ryan and Mike follow a tip to a small town to investigate and confirm he isn't seeking protection. While in town, they both discover an even larger threat who has managed to avoid suspicion up until now. Meanwhile, Max struggles to make a confession.|
|307||April 6, 2015|
|308||April 13, 2015|
|309||April 20, 2015|
|310||April 27, 2015|
|311||May 4, 2015|
|312/313||May 11, 2015|
|314/315||May 18, 2015|
- Upon hearing information regarding season 3 after the finale of season 2, many viewers expressed outrage in that the character of Joe Carroll will be heavily reduced as he is considered to be the driving force of the shows plot.
- According to Marcos Siega, Joe will not escape this season. This is because Joe is not Hannibal Lecter.
- As of the episode New Blood, Ryan Hardy became the only main character to appear in every episode to date.
- So far, recurring characters Tom Reyes (5 episodes), Jeffrey Clarke (3 episodes), Anna Clarke (2 episodes) and Gina Mendez (5 episodes) appeared in more episodes then another main character, Joe Carroll, who appeared in only 1 episode so far.
Behind the scenesEdit
Notes and referencesEdit
Notes on ProductionEdit
Marcos Siega, executive producer of the show, has already come forth with information alluding to the direction of season 3. Though Siega has been quoted as saying that the writers aren't "sure yet", he has hinted that the character of Joe Carroll and Claire Matthews will not be playing much of an important role in season 3; even stating that the writers are "looking to shake things up" while moving the show in a new direction and bringing in "new villains". Season 3 will, in Siega's perspective, be the 'close' to what he and Kevin Williamson (executive producer of the show) have dubbed the "Joe Carroll chapters". Interviews made available as podcasts regarding the show have expressed conflicting information regarding the future of the characters of Joe Carroll and Claire Matthews, with writers and producers saying that they will be written off mid-season while Siega says that no one within the production is sure yet, that "anything could happen".
Siega also told interviewers that the relationship between Max Hardy and Mike Weston will be explored further in season 3, with them in love and living together. Jennifer Johnson, the showrunner, explains how Mike has been gone for four months at the start of season 3, but returns to be reunited with Max in the first episode.