Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| Spoiler warning!|
This article contains plot details about an upcoming episode.
|The Following -- Season 3|
|#01 "New Blood"||#09 "Kill The Messenger"|
|#02 "Boxed In"||#10 "Evermore"|
|#03 "Exposed"||#11 "Demons"|
|#04 "Home"||#12 "The Edge"|
|#05 "A Hostile Witness"||#13 "A Simple Trade"|
|#06 "Reunion"||#14 "Dead or Alive"|
|#07 "The Hunt"||#15 "The Reckoning"|
|#08 "Flesh & Blood"|
Season 3 of The Following premiered on March 2, 2015 in the United States on FOX. It will also premiere in the United Kingdom on March 7, 2015 on Sky Atlantic.
- Kevin Bacon as Ryan Hardy (13 episodes)
- Shawn Ashmore as Mike Weston (13 episodes)
- Sam Underwood as Mark Gray (9 episodes)
- Jessica Stroup as Max Hardy (13 episodes)
- Zuleikha Robinson as Gwen (13 episodes)
- Gregg Henry as Arthur Strauss (4 episodes)
- with Michael Ealy as Theo Noble (8 episodes)
- and James Purefoy as Joe Carroll (9 episodes)
- Gbenga Akinnagbe as Tom Reyes (10 episodes)
- Monique Gabriela Curnen as Erin Sloan (10 episodes)
- Ruth Kearney as Daisy Locke (10 episodes)
- Valerie Cruz as Gina Mendez (6 episodes)
- Hunter Parrish as Kyle Locke (5 episodes)
- Megalyn Echikunwoke as Penny Tyler (5 episodes)
- Mike Colter as Nick Donovan (3 episodes)
- Susan Kelechi Watson as Cindy Noble (3 episodes)
- Felix Solis as Agent Jeffrey Clarke (2 episodes)
- Michael Irby as Andrew Sharp (2 episodes)
- April Lee Hernandez as Louise (2 episodes)
- Allison Mack as Hillary (2 episodes)
|301||New Blood||March 2, 2015||Alexi Hawley & Brett Mahoney||Marcos Siega|
|With Joe Carroll awaiting execution on death row and all signs of his following erased, Ryan Hardy has moved on from the dark events of his past. But his newfound happiness is shattered when a series of brutally staged tableaus threatens to tear open old wounds. Ryan and his team are forced to unravel a twisted web of violence before it destroys them all – leading them to face a terrifying truth: Joe Carroll was just the beginning.|
|302||Boxed In||March 9, 2015|
|Ryan believes he has found the connection between Andrew and Mark, but he and the FBI are still unsure if – and how – Joe Carroll might be connected. Meanwhile, tension between Mark, Kyle and Daisy mounts and Ryan soon finds himself in a dangerous situation, in which facing the truth is the only thing that will set him free.|
|303||Exposed||March 16, 2015|
|After a devastating loss, Ryan, Weston and Max aim to hunt down who is responsible and make them pay, leading Ryan to take a risk with deadly consequences. Meanwhile, Mark questions the loyalty of Kyle and Daisy, causing tensions to rise amongst the group.|
|304||Home||March 23, 2015|
|305||A Hostile Witness||March 23, 2015|
|As Mark, Kyle and Daisy plan to make a personal attack on Ryan, the FBI receives a tip leading them to a secret location, which gives them a leg up in the case. Then, on the day of an important trial, things go awry, causing the FBI to split up to hunt down a missing person. With his team breaking apart, Ryan enlists the help of a former enemy to defeat a greater one.|
|306||Reunion||March 30, 2015|
|With their latest target on the run, Ryan and Mike follow a tip to a small town to investigate and confirm he isn't seeking protection. While in town, they both discover an even larger threat who has managed to avoid suspicion up until now. Meanwhile, Max struggles to make a confession.|
|307||The Hunt||April 6, 2015|
|308||Flesh & Blood||April 13, 2015|
|309||Kill The Messenger||April 20, 2015|
|310||Evermore||April 27, 2015|
|311||Demons||May 4, 2015|
|312||The Edge||May 11, 2015|
|313||A Simple Trade||May 11, 2015|
|314||Dead or Alive||May 18, 2015|
|315||The Reckoning||May 18, 2015|
- Upon hearing information regarding season 3 after the finale of season 2, many viewers expressed outrage in that the character of Joe Carroll will be heavily reduced as he is considered to be the driving force of the shows plot.
- this factor may be the reason why the show was canceled to due low ratings
- According to Marcos Siega, Joe will not escape this season. This is because Joe is not Hannibal Lecter.
- As of the episode New Blood, Ryan Hardy became the only main character to appear in every episode to date.
- So far, recurring characters Tom Reyes (5 episodes), Jeffrey Clarke (3 episodes), Anna Clarke (2 episodes) and Gina Mendez (5 episodes) appeared in more episodes then another main character, Joe Carroll, who appeared in only 2 episodes so far. Main cast member Michael Ealy appeared so far in less episodes then James Purefoy, only in 1 episode.
- This is the first season in which a new main cast member (in this case Michael Ealy) joins the main cast after a few episodes joining the main cast.
- If the Pilot isn't counted since only one main character, Sarah Fuller who appeared in one episode and died, this marks the shortest time during a season in which a main cast member who appeared in more then one episode did die, namely Arthur Strauss in Reunion, the sixth episode of season 3.
- On May 8th ,2015 Fox announced that the series will be canceled after the third season and not return for a forth
Behind the scenesEdit
Notes on ProductionEdit
Marcos Siega, executive producer of the show, has already come forth with information alluding to the direction of season 3. Though Siega has been quoted as saying that the writers aren't "sure yet", he has hinted that the character of Joe Carroll and Claire Matthews will not be playing much of an important role in season 3; even stating that the writers are "looking to shake things up" while moving the show in a new direction and bringing in "new villains". Season 3 will, in Siega's perspective, be the 'close' to what he and Kevin Williamson (executive producer of the show) have dubbed the "Joe Carroll chapters". Interviews made available as podcasts regarding the show have expressed conflicting information regarding the future of the characters of Joe Carroll and Claire Matthews, with writers and producers saying that they will be written off mid-season while Siega says that no one within the production is sure yet, that "anything could happen".
Siega also told interviewers that the relationship between Max Hardy and Mike Weston will be explored further in season 3, with them in love and living together. Jennifer Johnson, the showrunner, explains how Mike has been gone for four months at the start of season 3, but returns to be reunited with Max in the first episode.